Making a difference! The Extraordinary Give is an annual, 24-hour community event that raises funds for more than 350 local nonprofit organizations that provide services to Lancaster County residents. In 96 hours (or four years), the Extraordinary Give has raised $15 million dollars.
Our team was excited to volunteer this week at the Extraordinary Give rally party. We gladly signed up to help promote the philanthropic efforts of the Lancaster County Community Foundation in partnership with Triode Media Group, Industrial Resolution, Green Fish Labs, and generous sponsors. We enjoyed greeting guests and helping them create short videos about why they give extra. (You can watch the videos here.)
We are honored to be a part of Lancaster County’s largest day of giving. We’ll also be hitting the streets of downtown Lancaster, spreading the word, and encouraging donations on Friday, November 18. “The Extraordinary Give is a day to show support locally and a way to give a little extra to those who need it most,” says Vice President of Communications and Donor Cultivation, Tracy Cutler. Visit ExtraGive.org for a full list of organizations and their causes, sponsors, entertainment locations, or to learn more.
How the Extraordinary Give Works:
- On November 18, visit ExtraGive.org from your computer, smartphone, or device.
- Visit the pages of more than 350 organizations and learn how their work positively impacts Lancaster County.
- Make a secure online donation to an organization with a minimum $25 gift.
- Each organization then receives a percentage of the stretch pool. So if an organization raises 3% of the day’s donations, they would receive 3% of the stretch pool. (Lancaster County Community Foundation, Rodgers & Associates, and community partners will stretch your dollars with at least $300,000 in additional funds and prizes!)
How to Get Involved:
- Businesses- Be a sponsor. Partner with an organization to host an event. Set up a matching gift. Spread the word!
- Individuals- Mark your calendar. Tell your friends. Come to ExtraGive Fest. Support causes you care about!
* Update: The Lancaster County Community Foundation’s ExtraGive raised $7,167,707 in 24 hours and received a total of 45,478 gifts from donors!